Looking to improve your Speaking and Leadership skills? Ignite your Career? Win that Job Interview?
You’re looking in the right place. Since 1924, more than 4 million people around the world have become more confident speakers and leaders because of their participation in Toastmasters.
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development. Today, our membership is 270,000 strong Worldwide. These members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 13,000 clubs in 116 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations.
Membership in Huntingdonshire Speakers Club and Toastmasters in one of the greatest investments you can make in yourself. At £25 every six months, it is also one of the most cost-effective skill-building tools available anywhere. Read more about the Features, Benefits and Value of a Huntingdonshire Speakers Club and Toastmasters International membership.
How Does It Work?
- A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere. Our Club has 20 to 30 members who meet biweekly (1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month). A typical meeting lasts 60–90 minutes (with a Dinner Break in the middle).
- There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success. Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.
- Members learn communication skills by working in the Competent Communication manual, a series of 10 self-paced speaking assignments designed to instil a basic foundation in public speaking.
- Members also learn leadership skills by taking on various meeting roles and working in the Competent Leadership manual. In our learn-by-doing approach, we don’t lecture members about leadership skills; we give them responsibilities and mentoring to help. Then we ask them to lead.
Why should I join?
The Toastmasters program offers many benefits that help people in all walks of life. As a result of participating in Toastmasters, you will:
- Increase your self-confidence
- Become a better speaker
- Become a better leader
- Communicate more effectively
Membership of Huntingdonshire Speakers club is affordable – a great value that can change your life that costs less than a £ a day. Your initial investment:
- £25 New member fee
- £25 Dues for six months, plus any club expenses.
More than 4 million people have discovered the benefits of this proven learning formula. What are you waiting for? Joining is easy – just a few simple steps:
Visit Huntingdonshire Speakers club.
- Each group has a different personality, so you may wish to visit more than one Club. Your visit is free, and some clubs may allow you to return as often as you like.
- We meet on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each Month at the Cambridge Golf and Conference Centre, Hemingford Abbots Golf Complex, Cambridge Road, Huntingdon, PE28 9HQ. The CGCC website
At the meeting, ask the President or Vice President Membership for a membership application Form and fill it out.
Give your application and dues to the Vice President Membership at the club.
- Once you are voted in by the existing membership, the club officer will send your application and fees to Toastmasters’ World Headquarters.
- Your New Member Kit should arrive in the mail in about two weeks (kits outside of the U.S. may take longer).
We look forward to meeting you at our next Club Meeting…. Which is on: Wednesday 1st August starting promptly at 6pm.
More detail on our Web Site, Link below.